8 corporate benefits of professional soft skills training in the workplace
Among the many types of professional development that today’s teams rely on, soft skills training for employees is near the top. Skills like communication, emotional intelligence, and problem-solving are essential to professional development, and they’re also at the root of a successful team.
The need for professional soft skills training is even more significant in today's increasingly diverse and global workplace. One study by Susan Collins, director of talent acquisition and employer branding at Talbots, showed that 46% of new employees fail within 18 months, and of these, 89% fail because of a lack of soft skills, such as professionalism.
So, how can companies improve these essential skills in their people? By implementing soft skill training for employees. Let’s dive into professional development soft skills learning by first defining soft skills in the context of the workplace.
What are soft skills?
Before a company invests in business soft skills training, it’s helpful to know exactly what these skills are.
Soft skills, often referred to as power skills or essential skills, are a set of non-technical, interpersonal, and social abilities that enable us to get along well with others and work effectively in a team. These skills are crucial for personal and professional success, as they complement and enhance hard skills or technical expertise.
The term "power skills" has emerged to emphasize the significant impact these skills have on an individual's career and life success. The shift in terminology recognizes the value of soft skills in today's rapidly changing work environment, where they are more important than ever. Some examples of soft skills include:
- Communication: The ability to express ideas and information clearly, listen actively, and adapt one’s communication style to the audience or situation is gained through soft skills communication training.
- Emotional intelligence: The capacity to recognize, understand, and manage one's own emotions and those of others, as well as navigate social situations effectively.
- Adaptability: Being able to adjust to new circumstances, learn from experience, and embrace change with a positive attitude.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Working well with others, contributing to group efforts, and fostering a sense of unity and cooperation among team members.
- Leadership: The ability to guide, motivate, and influence others to achieve a common goal, as well as demonstrate empathy, integrity, and vision.
As automation and artificial intelligence continue to advance, many technical tasks can be performed by machines, amplifying the importance of human-centered skills that can’t be easily replicated by technology. So, power skills have become highly sought-after by employers and are considered essential for career advancement and personal growth.
Corporate benefits of implementing soft skill development training
By focusing on developing employees' soft skills, organizations can create a more positive, productive, and collaborative work environment. Here are some key benefits of online soft skills training for employees:
- Improved communication: Communication soft skills training helps employees communicate more effectively with their colleagues, managers, and clients. Better communication leads to fewer misunderstandings, improved collaboration, and increased efficiency.
- Enhanced teamwork: Training in teamwork and collaboration encourages employees to work together more effectively, fostering a sense of unity and cooperation. This can lead to increased productivity, better problem-solving, and more innovative ideas.
- Stronger leadership: The best soft skills training can help develop leadership abilities among employees, enabling them to motivate and guide their teams toward shared goals. Strong leaders contribute to a more engaged and inspired workforce, ultimately driving organizational success.
- Greater adaptability: In today's fast-paced business environment, change is inevitable. A soft skills program focused on Skill Agility™ helps employees navigate and embrace change more easily, ensuring they stay competitive as your industry evolves.
- Higher employee engagement: Employees who have access to soft skills training guides and resources tend to feel more valued and supported by their organization. This can lead to higher engagement and job satisfaction, reducing turnover rates (and associated costs).
- Better customer service: Soft skills development training in areas like empathy, active listening, and problem-solving can significantly improve employees' ability to interact with customers, leading to higher customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- More inclusive and diverse work environment: Soft skills training for employees can promote empathy, cultural sensitivity, and open-mindedness, fostering a more inclusive and diverse workplace. This can contribute to better decision-making, innovation, and overall organizational performance.
- Conflict resolution: Training employees in conflict resolution and negotiation helps them address and resolve workplace disagreements calmly. A harmonious work environment reduces stress, fosters collaboration, and supports employee well-being.
These benefits contribute to a more productive and successful organization, better equipped to navigate the challenges of today's rapidly changing business landscape.
How to develop and deliver soft skills training in the workplace
If you want to reap the benefits of soft skills training for employees, we’ve got you covered. At Unboxed Training & Technology, we create custom content that will improve soft skills in the workplace.
First, we assess your employees to identify the soft skills your organization is lacking. Then, we prioritize the soft skills that specific teams need to perform better. For example, customer service reps may need to learn how to empathize, while salespeople need to excel in persuasive communication. Next, we create customized training programs designed to develop the soft skills your employees need most.
After developing custom soft skills eLearning content for your organization, it’s time to deliver it to your employees. With the right LMS, companies can implement all types of soft skills training to upskill their workforce. Spoke® takes the concept of Skill Agility™ and makes it a reality. It drives learners from one skill to the next through intelligent, action-oriented recommendations while giving them the autonomy they want by providing the information they’re interested in when they want it.