What is learning business process outsourcing (LBPO)?
Business process outsourcing (BPO) is certainly not a new concept. However, you might not realize that BPO has become an entire industry. In this article, we define the acronyms BPO and LBPO, explain the benefits of outsourcing L&D and introduce you to an LBPO partner.
What is the BPO industry?
So, what is BPO, and how does it work? Business process outsourcing is when a company delegates certain parts of its operations to a third party. You can outsource all kinds of business processes to outside organizations, from accounting to human resources, information technology, and technical support.
Your organization may already use business process outsourcing as part of its operations. If not, the benefits of business process outsourcing can be a game changer. When your company partners with external providers that take over certain processes, it helps your company focus on what you’re experts in, ultimately driving better efficiencies and outcomes.
Benefits of business process outsourcing
- Ensure that your processes are being run well by an organization that specializes in them
- Increase the capacity of your team, so they can focus on and prioritize key job functions
- Enable scalability, helping your business grow and expand, not just run its operations
- Lower costs, as expert vendors can often deliver services more efficiently, freeing up resources
In short, BPO has far-reaching benefits that resonate throughout your organization. So now, let’s dive deeper into how it works.
How does BPO work?
Here’s an overview of what business process outsourcing looks like from start to finish:
- Identify an operational need that is necessary for the business but is:
- Costly to implement in-house
- Outside of your company’s core competencies or zone of genius
- Search for vendors who specialize in that operation and are a good fit for your company’s needs and culture.
- Partner with a BPO provider that is a good fit and can help you develop a BPO strategy.
- Determine BPO guidelines so everyone can work together cohesively.
- Hand-off your operation to the vendor and get back to doing your best work!
In the best BPO relationships, vendors will feel like they’re an extension of your internal team.
What is LBPO?
Typically, business process outsourcing refers to vendor support of company operations, but many other key areas can also benefit from this approach, including training and development.
Learning business process outsourcing (LBPO) or training BPO is when an organization hires a third party to supply and manage employee training resources. Training implementation gets much easier when you outsource training and employee development with LBPO. Besides, when you outsource L&D, you can rely on the expertise of learning professionals to lead the way!
Executing an effective employee training program is crucial but not always feasible to manage internally. While you might enlist the services of third parties to handle the responsibilities of your company's accounting and HR departments, the same may be true for training and development. You don’t want to invest in a training program that won’t deliver results; you need to be able to track KPIs and report on ROI.
Benefits of business process outsourcing for employee training
Creating and implementing a robust training program for your team is a big undertaking. To truly help your team gain the skills they need to deliver results takes expertise not only in the subject area but also in learning design and learning management systems.
If you’re overwhelmed by L&D within your organization or feel that your people aren’t getting the tools they need to reach their full potential, it might be time to think about outsourcing models for training. Here are some of the benefits of outsourcing training to a specialized BPO training organization:
- You’ll save time. Planning and developing a training curriculum takes a great deal of time, let alone building and implementing it. Outsourcing training gives you all that time back in your schedule to do what you do best.
- Your training program will be custom-built. When you outsource training and development to learning experts, you can be sure they’ll create compelling learning content based on your company’s needs. Plus, they’ll always stay ahead of current learning management systems and training trends, so you don’t have to.
- Your employees will become higher performers. Effective training programs lead to better engagement, more refined skills, less turnover, and higher employee satisfaction.
In short, learning business process outsourcing is the best way to guarantee a return on your investment in your team’s professional development. Forming an LBPO strategy and outsourcing training to third-party experts specializing in organizational learning minimizes your risk and maximizes the outcomes.
Outsource your training to the learning business process outsourcing (LBPO) experts at Unboxed Training & Technology
If you’re looking for experts in the learning business process outsourcing industry, look no further. Unboxed Training & Technology is a learning business process outsourcing company that offers both custom and turn-key outsourcing models for training.
Our robust learning experience platform, Spoke®, is ideal for companies ready to take their employees to the next level. When your employees learn with Spoke®, you can expect:
- Higher productivity
- Better knowledge retention
- More collaboration
- Greater engagement
- Improved Skill Agility
We work hand in hand with our Spoke® clients to transform the employee training process to better suit the modern learner. Discover how Unboxed can partner with your organization to handle all of your L&D needs by contacting us today.
Get a demo to see how Spoke® Learning Technology Platform can turn your organization into a hub for Skill Agility.